Engineer – Clean Water Modeller
|County:||Heywood or Wakefield|
|Min Experience:||2 year(s)|
|Annual Salary:||£24,000 - £26,000 (Negotiable)|
|UK Residency Required:||Yes|
My Client is one of the world’s largest providers of water, environmental, infrastructure and energy services. With over 6000 staff and 170 offices on six continents, they are driven to meet today's challenges, dedicated to innovation and committed to mastering and applying emerging technologies to create client-focused results.
My client is currently looking to appoint an ‘Engineer – Clean Water Modeller’ to Support project team/s engaged on contracts involving portable water Network Analysis, Leakage Control, investigative work associated with water distribution systems, flow, pressure and asset surveys. Responsible for day to day operation of projects ensuring that they are completed successfully.
Role Specification & Functions:
• Knowledge of relevant software - particularly MapInfo and SynerGEE an advantage
• Good knowledge of the operation of water systems
• Good understanding of Hydraulics and Hydrology, data logging equipment, and site monitoring methodologies.
• Good report writing skills, communication
• Carry out formal appraisals of AOE’s, Technicians and Technical Assistants, at least annually
• Carry out informal appraisals every quarter
• Help to recruit staff, Discipline staff, and Ensure that staff completes weekly time sheets on Time
• Have adequate procedures and processes to ensure the continuing development of the department
• Update procedures and processes
• Monitor and review the procedures and processes
• Produce Project execution plan.
• Ensure a safe working environment for all staff
• Implement latest H & S regulations and legislation
• Reduce waste to a minimum from all departmental activities
• Ensure that projects are completed to budget.
• Produce weekly / monthly / quarterly project reports
• At least 2 years post-graduation experience of Modelling or water distribution systems or GIS
• Graduate requirement - BSc./B.Eng in relevant subject
• Non-graduates requirement - at least 6/7 years relevant experience will be considered