Senior Hydrogeologist - Mining
|Min Experience:||4 year(s)|
|Annual Salary:||£33,000 - £43,000 (Negotiable)|
|UK Residency Required:||Yes|
My client is a company that comprises of over 1,300 staff, offering expertise to the mining and metals sector in a wide range of resource engineering disciplines from 44 offices located on six continents. My client is part of the European and Central Asian group of consulting practices whose principal UK location is based in Cardiff, the vibrant capital of Wales.
We are seeking a Senior Hydrogeologist to join an expanding water team.
Applicants should hold a minimum education equivalent of a BSc in a geological related science or engineering subject with preferably a higher degree in hydrogeology; be professionally registered (or working towards); hold professional membership with appropriate institutions; and have demonstrable practical operational experience gained in an international (non-UK) environment.
Technical and other requirements of the role include:
* Evidence of exposure to different applications of hydrogeology such as, but not limited to, exploration, environmental assessment, feasibility studies, design and construction, preferably in a mining industry context
* Use of groundwater modelling, statistical and visualisation packages
* Good project management capability including a proven track record of bringing projects in on time, within budget and to the client's satisfaction
* Competent report and proposal writing skills requiring strong English language skills (verbal and written)
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint
This position involves working in multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects in the UK and overseas and international travel will form a significant part of the role.
In return my client offers:
* An attractive salary package supplemented by a discretionary bonus based on Company performance.
* The opportunity for further professional development through mentoring, training and peer support
* The opportunity to work within an established global "employee owned" consulting group and to purchase shares in the company at consulting practice or global level.
* Participation in a personal pension scheme as well as optional private medical and health screening schemes.