|Min Experience:||5 year(s)|
|Annual Salary:||£30,000 - £50,000 (Negotiable)|
|Benefits:||car, health, pension|
|UK Residency Required:||No|
Delivery of geotechnical and foundation designs from feasibility assessment, through to the design development phase and scheme close.
Geotechnical / Soil Mechanics qualification and previous experience of foundation work is essential. You will be experienced in the design of foundations for lattice steel structures, either for electricity supply or telecommunications industry. Running Teams on projects
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Design foundations and/or geotechnical works so that they may be supplied and constructed in accordance with contract documents and/or current practices.
• Provide designs, volumes and quantities as required for tender submission such that upon contract award, the budget, programme and specification can be achieved.
• Correspond as directed with the Business Units, customer, consultant, vendor (sub-contractor) to ensure achievement of satisfactory progress and quality. Visit sites and offices to discuss and resolve project issues.
• Liaise with the appropriate personnel to achieve optimum construction, erection and installation procedures.
• Contribute to the development and updating of design aids and computer programmes and assist in analysis of new design concepts.
• Degree level education or equivalent with formal training in civil or structural engineering
• Geotechnical/Soil Mechanics qualification
• Strong experience of the supervision of sub-consultants or subcontractors
• Proven experience of the design of civil or structural engineering works
• IT Literate (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, CAD)