We are currently recruiting for a Building Control Support Officer on behalf of a local authority affiliated organisation based in Liverpool.
The building control support officer will assist other building control officers with implementing building regulations on domestic buildings, vacant premises, and minor dangerous structure reports received that require a site inspection.
- Enforcing building regulations and associated legislation in relation to building works in progress on site.
- Keep records of enforcements relevant to the service’s responsibilities and for future purposes.
- Overview and control the demolition of buildings in-line with relevant legislation, approval of method statements and preparation of specification.
- Inspect dangerous structures and take action, if necessary, for the removal or securing of structures which may appear to be dangerous.
- Appraising applications formally submitted for consideration under current building regulations and allied national and local legislation.
- Deal with enquires and complaints received from the public, Councillors, Members of Parliament, and the Ombudsman.
- Provide advice and support on legislation, technical matters, guidance, and instruction to the public, architects, surveyors, agents, builders and staff within other sections of this Division.
Skills & Education
- An ONC or similar qualification in a relevant building subject.
- Experience working within the building construction industry.
- Knowledge of building regulations.
- Good communication skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Full Uk driving license.