Discipline: Commercial, Estimating, Mechanical, Retail
Speciality: Air Conditioning, HVAC
UK Residency Required: Yes
Salary: £45000 - £50000
Apply by: 15/06/2018
Min Experience: years
Due to recent contract wins and continual business growth, we are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Applications Engineer to join our rapidly expanding M+E client based in Leeds. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a leading, stable company who are continuing to grow in the current economic climate.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the costing and bid preparation from concept to the completion on a range of commerical / Retail sites across the UK.
The ideal candidate will be able to attend site to assess the works needed, produce the required design and associated estimate to go with it
• Consult with clients, and colleagues to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
• Analyse drawings and specifications to prepare time, cost, materials, and labour estimates
• Prepare estimates for use in selecting suppliers and subcontractors
• Visit sites where required to assess the specific site conditions and requirements
• Confer with engineers, designers, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
• Prepare estimates for planning, organizing, and scheduling work
• Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project
• Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
• Review material and labour requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to construct or sub-contractors
• Liaise with clients efficiently and effectively
• Liaise with purchasing for all materials and/or place orders directly with suppliers & sub-contractors
Skills & Attributes
• To be considered for this role, you must have proven previous experience in a Mechanical Estimating role.
•Demonstrable experience in carrying out site surveys, producing designs and resulting estimates.
• Ideally, you will be a Time Served Mechanical Engineer or have an ONC/HNC or Higher Qualification (degree) in Commercial Construction/Building Services or Mechanical Engineering or Quantity Surveying.
• Experience working on Retail / Supermarket based projects would be highly advantageous.
• Work accurately and effectively with minimal supervision, Works well under pressure.
• Knowledge of M&E Estimating software an advantage