We are currently recruiting for an Air Monitoring Asbestos Analyst on behalf of a government funded, specialist shared services provider based in West Yorkshire.
The Asbestos Analyst will be responsible for undertaking a range of Air Monitoring Tests at sites throughout West Yorkshire while supporting the Asbestos Manager in the development and operational management of the service.
- To carryout analysis and efficiently support the Asbestos Manager in the operational aspects of the service ensuring all air monitoring jobs are carried out to the required service standard.
- In conjunction with the Asbestos Manager, manage and liaise with the existing portfolio of clients.
- Work alongside the Asbestos Manager to ensure that all analysts are training to the appropriate legislation and that all standards are met at all times.
- Prioritise and plan workload and when required, as directed by the Asbestos Manager, that of the other air monitoring analysts.
- Effectively manage expenditure within the air monitoring service and prioritise any investment needs.
- Support relevant senior managers of operational sections to ensure a proactive and dynamic approach to the design and development of the asbestos service.
- Effectively plan with other members of the management team to ensure that the services resources are targeted effectively.
- Carry out a range of onsite tests in relation to air monitoring and sampling on various properties within the region.
- Make accurate pass/fail decisions based on knowledge and evidence available at the time of analysis, and communicate this effectively to clients and prepare test reports.
- Ensure all sited and mobile laboratory equipment and instruments are maintained and fit for purpose to carry out testing of relevant materials.
- Attend appropriate training courses, if, or as and when required.
- Build teams and be responsible to training analysts new to the requirements of asbestos analysis, including ensuring all analysts are fully trained and aware of HSE and UKAS guidelines and any H&S requirements for the handling of asbestos contained materials.
- Ensure that the asbestos laboratory practice and infrastructure including quality management systems are adhered to, maintained and observed.
Skills & Attributes
- Have extensive experience within an asbestos laboratory for air monitoring and sampling – typically 4 stage clearance, reassurance testing, leak testing, personal testing.
- A good general level of education at HNC level or equivalent experience.
- Hold a P403, P404 or CoCA (Certificate of Competence in Asbestos).
- Experience of managing or supervising an asbestos service
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the characteristics of asbestos contained materials.
- The ability to ensure all analysts are suitably trained and qualified in asbestos analysis.
- Knowledge of issues surrounding asbestos contained materials and an appreciation of the commercial environment and pressures in which asbestos sampling and analysis is undertaken.