We are currently recruiting for an Asset Adoption and Performance Manager on behalf of a specialist provider of energy efficient and sustainable heating installation projects and metering services to social housing schemes, charity funded projects, government initiatives and private developments throughout the Uk.
The company provide a full end to end service within the District and Community Heating sector and currently supply 180 clients throughout the Uk which in turn provides 70,000 residents with energy efficient gas, electricity and water at a reduced cost of more than 25% in the majority of cases.
As the Asset Adoption and Performance Manager you will require a working knowledge of Community and District Heating schemes as you will be responsible for the management of plant rooms and associated assets aswell as providing technical support and input to internal service teams and customers.
- Overall management of plant rooms and associated assets to ensure optimum performance and efficiency.
- Liaise with management and senior engineers to implement strategy changes to increase system efficiency.
- Operate seasonal strategies for plant room operation to maintain and increase efficiencies.
- Make site comparisons for efficiencies. This process is normally carried out in conjunction with the finance team.
- Preparation of plans to upgrade assets, make recommendations on replacements including re-sizing
- Compile a comprehensive list of assets.
- Compile life cycle costings and life expectancies of plant to monitor expected replacements of assets.
- Preparation of asset replacement reports with costings and life management.
- Involvement in discussions regarding premature asset replacement due to fault/breakdown.
- External consultancy to clients regarding in respect of advice, proposals and assistance with projects.
- Attend pre-design and design progress meetings with clients and their representatives, consultants and architects.
- Provide back-up and technical support to the National Service Manager and the team of commercial and domestic engineers.
- Sign off pre-specification sheets for HIU’s for new projects.
- Deal with clients, main contractors and sub-contractors on issues prior to and after hand over.
- Give advice, as and when requested, on technical issues arising through product development.
- Carry out site visits to assess the condition of the assets within the plant rooms.
- Assess tender documents and information to determine the level of technical information submitted to enable a successful tender submission.
- View tender schematic drawings with a view to understanding the design philosophy.
- Make comments on the drawings with suggestions on improvements if applicable.
- Prepare costs in spreadsheet format to include all major plant and all ancillary equipment.
- Liaise with the Marketing team to ensure presentation of technical information and costings are in accordance with client’s requirements.
- Visit site during tender process, if required, to carry out inspection of the energy centre/plant room to ensure that all tender conditions are met.
- Request full O&M documentation
- Attend pre-handover meetings with clients, consultants and managing agents
Skills & Attributes
- Previous experience of working on Community and District Heating schemes.
- Mechanical Engineering Or Plumbing and Heating qualifications are an advantage.
- Hold a CIBSE qualification. Preferably be a Member of the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers.
- Project Management qualifications such as Prince2 would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills with experience of dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency