Discipline: Electrical, Manufacturing
Speciality: Automotive, Electrical, Engineering
UK Residency Required: Yes
Salary: £30000 - £30000
Apply by: 31/05/2017
Min Experience: 3 years
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Supervisor for a leading automotive manufacturer in the Sheffield area. Due to their continued success they are looking to add to their existing team to drive the business forward. The successful candidate will have a demonstrable background working with in a lead role within an automotive engineering environment involved in the commercial vehicle market ( PSV/HGV). This is a permanent role based on day shifts Monday – Friday.
Interested candidates must have strong working knowledge of Automotive electronics, vehicle diagnostics and be confident working with engineering drawings.
* Checking the electrical condition of existing vehicles
* Commissioning and fault finding on base vehicle electrical systems and installed re-power systems.
* Using CAN tools and other PC based software tools for diagnostics and system programming.
* Generating BoMs of material for electrical installations.
* Supervising and developing shop personnel.
* Ensuring day to day issues with Engineering/Quality/Purchasing/Stores are progressed, resolved with preventative actions in places to stop reoccurrence.
• Supervisory and man management experience – essential
• HGV/ PSV experience
• Knowledge of multiplex vehicle systems
• Familiar with diagnosing vehicle CAN systems
• Ability to read electrical drawings
• Previous wiring harness assembly (preferred)
• Problem solving and analytical skills.
• Must pride themselves on high quality work and attention to detail.
• Experience working in a manufacturing/engineering environment