We are currently recruiting for a Building Surveyor on behalf of a successful housing services organisation.
The Building Surveyor will be responsible for undertaking a variety of building surveys, inspections and audits to the Group’s stock and assets, including new build projects.
- Carry out pre and post inspection surveys in relation to survey demands.
- Produce written technical reports and detailed drawings from the results of building surveys.
- Add hoc surveys when requested by internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare detailed drawings and specifications relating to identified works within property services, including the preparation of planning applications and building regulations.
- Undertake surveys in relation to the extremities of the land on a building site. After the surveying stage, provide all required documentation in order to attain the regulatory permissions for works to commence as required.
- Overview the construction of projects from start to completion.
- Provide building surveying and pathology advice to other site-based staff.
- Follow health and safety procedures.
Skills & Attributes
- Degree or other relevant qualification in Building Surveying.
- Previous experience as a building surveyor.
- Knowledge of building surveys, structural defects, and non-destructive testing methods.
- Good communication skills.
- Good IT skills.