We are currently recruiting for a Structural Engineer on behalf of a well established, structural steel design, fabrication and installation firm based in West Yorkshire.
The Structural Engineer will be responsible for the design of structural steelwork and be involved in project management and costing of structures.
- Designing structural steelwork using software and by hand for contracts ranging from 5 tonnes to 1000 tonnes to both British Standards and Eurocodes.
- Designing simple and moment steelwork connections to both British Standards and Eurocodes.
- Designing cold rolled steelwork using manufacturers software.
- Liaising with Architects and main contractors during the design process and advising on potential design consequences and cost saving measures.
- Preparing tender designs for structures during tender stage.
- Developing tender designs into accurate tenders.
- Forwarding design information to both the in-house droughting team as well as external draughtsman.
- Attending design team meetings.
- Preparing estimates for alterations.
- Manage projects from tender to completion.
Skills & Attributes
- Ability to design hot rolled steelwork using software and by hand to British Standards.
- Experience in steelwork connection design.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Experience of design and build tenders and contracts.
- Working knowledge of CSC software including Fastrak Building Designer, Portal Frame and Connections as well as Quickframe + Bentley RAM.
- Working knowledge of Eurocodes.
- Project management experience.
- Understanding of steelwork fabrication.
- Experience in steelwork tendering + costing.