We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager on behalf of a multi-disciplinary construction, refurb and fit-out contractor based in West Yorkshire.
The company operate within the Industrial, Commercial and Retails sectors and manage contracts up to £10 million in value.
- Reviewing commercial performance of work streams and projects in conjunction with project team to report back to company Directors.
- Reviewing working practises and implementing changes to achieve better commercial performance of projects.
- Assessing the overhead budget required for the Commercial department to allow the needs of the business to be delivered.
- Managing the overhead budget set by the Board of Directors to ensure that the business needs are met whilst controlling overall spend;
- Reporting on a monthly basis on the performance of projects delivered in the month and forecasting Turnover and Gross Margin for the financial year.
- In conjunction with Central Team and Business Unit Management Team; continually review workload and supply chain requirements against the supply chain to ensure that the requirements of the business can be met.
- Engaging with subcontractors and suppliers as required by the business;
- Involvement in Bid Team structure on all bids as deemed necessary by the ‘Decision to Bid’ process.
- To ensure that the business needs are met, ensure commercial aspects of bids are completed.
- Overall management of estimating team.
- In conjunction with the Senior QS, assessing the overall performance of members of the commercial team; QS resource allocation; management of overall QS workload to ensure that the department has appropriate capacity to deliver the requirements of the business;
- Should the need arise, undertake individual schemes as project QS;
Skills & Attributes
- Degree qualified Quantity Surveyor
- Demonstrable experience within a Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager role.
- Preferably construction/interior refurbishment background.
- Experience managing the commercial aspects of a £30M+ company turnover;
- Experience of working on projects covering disciplines in retail, industrial and commercial sectors
- Experience in training, leading and managing a team.
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental safety requirements.
- Computer literate with knowledge of the Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Driving license.
- Thrive in working in a fast-paced environment, under pressure
- Problem resolution and strong reasoning skills with the ability to construct sound and persuasive arguments;