We are currently recruiting for a Compliance Engineer on behalf of a national engineering consultancy.
Established for over 25 years, they provide Building Engineering Services Design and Compliance Services to their clients from 3 offices across the country. They work on a variety of projects throughout the Commercial, Retail, Leisure and Residential sectors.
They are an award-winning Building Services consultancy which specialise in Mechanical & Electrical Design, aswell as Condition & Compliance Surveys and Risk Assessments.
The Compliance Engineer will be responsible for carrying out compliance related surveys, feasibility studies, designing, specification, project management & commissioning in line with the clients’ brief.
- Undertake site surveys utilising mobile technology to meet the requirements of the brief.
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
- Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
- Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements.
- Establish and agree clear responsibility as lead internal consultant for the project.
- When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of new techniques and technologies by participating in conferences, attending Continual Professional Development sessions, reading technical media etc.
Skills and Attributes
- BTEC or equivalent with relevant experience
- Ideally a Health & Safety Qualification such as NEBOSH or IOSH
- Ideally knowledge of ACoP L8
- Knowledge of Terms of agreement and Contract Documentation.
- Ability to produce detailed drawings
- Knowledge of job costing
- Ability to use computers & tablets
- The ability to operate within ISO 9001 & 14001 processes
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency