We are working in partnership with an industry leader in the manufacture and installation of Ductwork Ventilation Systems who operate throughout the Uk.
The Construction Manager will take the lead on a range of prestigious ductwork and ventilation projects throughout London and the surrounding areas. Projects are valued between £500k and £15million and cover various sectors including Retail, Commercial, Education and Residential.
- Ensure that all project safety requirements are met and adhered to
- Define the division’s objectives within the project and communicate those aims to the staff, whether those goals are safety, quality or programme related and in so far as reasonably practicable ensure the objectives are either achieved or improved
- To be the point of contact for subcontractor site management and be involved with the subcontractor selection and procurement process
- Set standards of behaviour and responsibility for project team
- To be involved with the project decision making process
- To help and support team members
- To keep accurate records and ensure the team also provide detailed accounts of their activities
- Work closely with the design team and offer advice on buildability and suitability of design solutions
- Ensure that on site instructions from Client’s authorised personnel are being recorded and managed
- To be able to conclude a project to the Client’s satisfaction including snagging, commissioning, validation and room readiness
- Fulfil all the requirements of the Company procedures
- Ensure that all less experienced staff are being given the opportunity to improve their knowledge and experience
- Set up the site cabins, ensure services are connected and the site area is kept clean and tidy
- General working knowledge of the Form of Contract being operated for the project
- Create a good working relationship with Client representatives
Skills & Attributes
- Building/Construction degree or other relevant HND/HNC qualification
- Previous experience of managing Ductwork and Ventilation projects aswell as generalist construction experience.
- Use all recording tools and data to keep an accurate position of the project programme.
- Remain up to date with current Health & Safety legislation.
- Excellent man management and communication skills and the ability to work with staff members at all levels.