We are currently recruiting for a Contracts Manager on behalf of a multi-disciplinary construction, refurb and fit-out contractor based in West Yorkshire.
Over the past 25 years the company has enjoyed consistent growth and now acts as a principal contractor for projects within the Industrial, Retail and Commercial sectors and boasts a number of the UK’s best-known companies among its client base.
Now employing more than 200 members of staff throughout the Uk and with 3 regional offices they are set up to deliver contracts from £50,000 up to £10 million in value.
- Attend scoping/survey meetings
- Produce the programme
- Assist the Commercial team in preparation of cost plan
- Assist Health and Safety Advisors in preparation of Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan (CPHSP)
- Procurement of long lead material and plant items (assist and advise the Procurement Team and QS)
- Assist Site Manager with procurement of materials and general items
- Plan labour to suit project requirements.
- Manage conflict (design/specification information or human)
- Manage the flow of information between all parties and ensure current information is passed to site;
- Produce progress reports (to suit Client frequency), with information provided by the Site Team
- Manage and support Site Teams to ensure the programme is being met including sub-contractors
- Liaise with end user to ensure all are fully informed of ongoing works
- Provide information to the Design Team to assist them in compiling any reports they have to provide
- Manage document control and ensure all required site documents are returned to the office
- Assist the following teams:
- Site Team in preparing snagging lists. Manage and support closing out snags in a timely manner.
- Commercial Team with valuations and to maintain project budget.
- QS Team to maintain project budget.
- H&S team with compiling O+M information and resolving Audit issues.
- Manage the procedure to ensure any defects are attended to promptly
- Manage the procedure to ensure O&M manual is completed.
Skills & Attributes
- NVQ level 6 or equivalent in construction or construction related activity.
- Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Black Card
- Experience of Contracts/Project Management/Site Management.
- Ability to present and manage project plans
- Understanding of issues such as building regulations and planning
- Experience in a customer facing role, with a proven track record of putting client first
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental safety requirements
- Fully computer literate with good knowledge of the Microsoft Office packages
- Asbestos Awareness
- Temporary Works Appreciation
- Full clean driving licence
- Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) membership
- International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) Cats 3a 3b
- Knowledge and experience of working with Microsoft Project software.