Discipline: Technical Support
Speciality: Oil and Gas, Technical Support
UK Residency Required: No
Salary: £31000 - £33000
Apply by: 25/04/2018
Min Experience: years
I am looking to recruit a Customer Support Technician to join my client North of York on a permanent basis. This role will require the successful candidate to provide technical support for in-service products to both external customers and part sales functions. The client of ours which deal heavily in the Oil And Gas Sector are looking for the right candidate with relevant industry experience to join the team. The ideal candidate will have proven ROV competence who is safety conscious and attentive to ISO 9001 QA systems. This position available for an immediate start, working 37 hour weeks with overtime available.
• Collate customer ready engineering responses to technical support enquiries in a timely manner.
• Where beneficial, recreate customer reported issues in-house to assist problem resolution.
• Scheduling of the on-call support rota.
• Act as administrator for the Callagenix call routing service.
• Be first point of call if support issues are elevated above the scheduled on-call technician’s scope.
• Coordinate out of hours support logistics as required.
• Be an active member of the “on call” out of hour’s rota system.
• Compile root cause analysis of in-service problems (including operational hazards, deficiency reports, parts obsolescence and reliability degradation).
• Identify product improvement opportunities.
• Assist with system integration/FAT as required
• Act as customer proxy for FAT as required (and where there is no conflict of interest).
• Assist R&D department as required.
• Be commercially aware when dealing with customer issues.
• Generate internal NCRs and champion the progress of remedial actions as required to address issues arising from customer reported issues.
• Log all customer support enquiries using FAST database.
• Any other duties, as required by the Company/Job role may require work off site.
Qualifications / Skills:
• HND/HNC. qualified in relevant electrical / mechanical discipline
• Ability to lead a team or be a team member.
• Attentive to QHS&E Policies and Regulations.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Navision ERP is desirable but not essential.
• Effective organisational skills.
• Previous offshore experience in a technical role.
• Working knowledge of ROV winch and handling systems.
Note: This vacancy is being advertised by Apex Engineering Solutions Ltd who are acting as an Employment Agency