We are currently recruiting for a Development Control Engineer to inspect and supervise a number of Highway construction projects throughout the Worcestershire area.
The works vary from small development and access roads to larger highway improvement works carried out by the local authority and developers
- Provide professional and technical advice on all matters relating to highways development control issues throughout Worcestershire.
- Manage and supervise contractors and consultants to the Council to ensure standards are met and manage claims and certification on individual projects.
- Plan, design, implement and co-ordinate schemes, with appropriate internal controls
- Interpret, draft and write technical and other reports
- Prepare for and represent the County Council at appeals and pre-application or site meetings.
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree or HNC in Civil Engineering or a relevant subject or equivalent NVQ4 qualification
- Membership of a relevant professional association such as Incorporated Engineer
- Relevant supervisory qualifications
- Previous experience of Development Control work, ideally for highways projects.
- Knowledge of Highways legislation and practice and in particular the work of Development Control
- Demonstrable experience of supervising staff
- Detailed knowledge and awareness of Construction (Design and Management) Regulations, Development Control and traffic regulations;
- Detailed knowledge of Civil Engineering Construction including Drainage Principles and Highway Design;
- Full understanding of Surveying Processes including the Council’s Highway Design Guide requirements;
- Full understanding of Health, Safety and Welfare to include Traffic Management Chapter 8 and Traffic Signs Regulations.