Apex Engineering Solutions is an Employment Agency working on behalf of this leading international Project Management company. They specialise in EPCM projects, in particular renewable energy, nuclear, pharmaceutical and rail. The Document Controller will be responsible for the execution of primary and complex protocols and procedures of the project document control system. Running of elementary tasks from the day-to-day document control workload.
- Process incoming and outgoing documents including receipt, classification, registry, distribution, archiving, storage and retrieval.
- Implement elements of project management and quality within the scope of the project document control department.
- Participate in the development and implementation of project document control procedures under the supervision of the Lead Document Controller or Document Control Manager.
- Front-line enforcement of approved document control procedures across the project organisation and interface with other project participants and team members.
- Identify specific instances of non-conformances and report details to supervisor for onward resolution.
- Continuously identify opportunities of enhancements in the document control process.
- Prepare document status reports as directed by supervisor.
- Apply a proactive approach in a fast paced, constantly changing and expanding environment.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across a diverse global business.
- Several years’ experience in the control of project documents or correspondence on large and complex projects.
- Proven experience in document control procedures and protocols.
- Experience in carrying out procedure implementation on projects.
- Working knowledge of project interfaces with regards to disciplines and systems.
- Previous experience in Engineering, Construction or Resource Industries.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to perform under minimal supervision via written procedures and work instructions.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.