Discipline: Administration, Planning, Scheduling Coordinator
UK Residency Required: Yes
Salary: £ - £
Apply by: 19/10/2018
Min Experience: years
We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Controller to join a well established Engineering/ Manufacturing business North of York. This position has been created due to an increased work load and the client is looking to add to its current team to cope with demand. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working within an Engineering Coordinator/order processing role within an engineering / manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will be required to manage all orders from cradle to grave and ensure that all engineering information is transferred to the production control system.
This is initially a temporary role for 3 months
• Data input to the production control system from engineering BOMs.
• Initiate the make or buy decision based on in house technical capability
• Produce routes for in house manufactured items.
• Liaise with Project Engineers and Production Planners to ensure that planning receive engineering information at the correct time.
• Generate part numbers for new proprietary stock items.
• Act as a fourth line check on BOM and drawing release.
• Co-Ordinate the engineering input to the Non-Conformance and Engineering Change systems.
• To work within the requirements of company procedures and national and international regulations.
• To work within the timescales and budgets set by the company.
• To provide detailed, accurate and clear alterations to drawings and other documentation in order to incorporate changes to the manufacture of the company’s components, using the following drafting skills:
o Knowledge of drawing systems
o Tolerancing, limits and fits
o Drawing layout and symbols
o Assembly methods
o Manufacturing methods, including machining, forming, welding.
• Other activities as directed by the Engineering Manager.
Skills & Attributes
• Previous experience working within an Engineering Coordination role ideally within an Engineering/ Manufacturing Environment.
•Good Level of Education – A Levels or above – Engineering qualifications advantageous.
• Ability to prioritise workload and manage work pressure.
• Experience with design software ( AutoCAD/ Solidworks) Advantageous).
• Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook literate.
• Excellent communication skills
Note: This vacancy is being advertised by Apex Engineering Solutions Ltd who are acting as an Employment Business