Discipline: Electrical, Industrial, Management, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Production Manager
Speciality: Electrical, Final Assembly, Mechanical, Refrigeration, Sub Assembly
UK Residency Required: Yes
Salary: £38000 - £42000
Apply by: 12/01/2018
Min Experience: 5 years
Our client, a growing manufacturing business supplying products and services to the Food Retail and Manufacturing sectors, are looking to recruit an Engineering Production Manager to join the business in Leeds on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a real impact with the business and help lead with improvement to production, quality and on time delivery.
With extensive growth plans in place, we are looking for a candidate with a strong Engineering background and experience in developing production environments to improve overall output.
This opportunity would suit a driven, passionate candidate looking to take on a long term, large scale project that they can fully immerse themselves in.
Experience working within an Engineering/ Production Environment is a must, ideally with exposure to Mechanical / Electrical Assembly and Welding Fabrication.
• Responsible for manufacturing the products ordered by customers to the agreed deliverables of cost, time and quality.
• Improve site effectiveness by providing leadership for the production department
• Take a leading role in long term growth plans to improve operational excellence and increased output.
• Productively organise the day-to-day running of the site production facility.
• Manage and improve effectiveness of site Health and Safety, Production and Logistic.
• Identify weaknesses in both the current operation and staff knowledge and implement improvements plans to bring all staff to the same level
• Stock Management + Supplier development
Candidate Qualifications/ Skills
• Ideally Candidates will have a strong man management background with in depth technical knowledge of Sub / Final Assembly
• Qualified in a Mechanical OR Electrical Discipline
• Strong working knowledge of health and safety standards.
• Previous experience working within a Production/ Operations management role directly managing staff ( Not other managers)
• Demonstrable experience improving production output and on time delivery.