We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Engineer on behalf of a leading organisation who specialise in the Design, Build and Operation of Water and Wastewater Treatment plants throughout the Uk and overseas.
Over the past 50 yrs the company have had a keen focus on providing sustainable and viable Water and Wastewater solutions to clients across the globe and have been involved in more than one thousand projects since their inception.
- Developing, implementing and managing environmental strategies, policies and action plans that support corporate environmental obligations and wider sustainable development practices
- Advising management, in the development and continued compliance of relevant new and existing, legislation.
- Working collaboratively with a range of in-house specialists, manage and coordinate Environmental Impacts Assessments undertaken by 3rd party specialists and/or develop Environmental Management Plans for the design and construction phases of infrastructure projects.
- Maintain assessments to an appropriate level to the requirements of a project but also with consideration to the contracting entity executing the works.
- To have a practical rather than a text book approach to the requirements.
- Applying all aspects of resource and energy efficiencies supporting operational sustainability, pollution control, waste management and recycling processes, reinforcing conservation ecology and wider ecosystem resilience within overseas projects
- Coordinating meetings, on environmental and social issues providing all associated reporting and monitoring therein
- Establish annual functional budget requirements, plan, source and substantiate goods and services to meet projected developments and manage environmental service provider’s ongoing activities and payments against deliverables
- Ensuring the application of our corporate activities are undertaken, it is sustainably and periodically reviewed and reported in line with corporate policy and applicable legislation
- Advising the Procurement and Shipping Manager on sustainable procurement and shipping for all goods and services
Skills & Attributes
- Required: Degree in an environmental or science subject
- Desirable: Masters in an environmental or science subject,
- Chartered or on route be becoming chartered, with a relevant professional institute.
- Strong team player with first-class organisation and communication skills and have a keen eye for detail
- Able to check and review complex documents and summarise and present the key issues in a clear and concise way, understandable to non-specialists.
- Excellent depth and breadth of knowledge of environmental legislation, guidance, and technical specialisms, e.g. requirements for ecology surveys; consents and permits; noise and air quality assessments and controls; landscape and visual impact assessments.