We are currently recruiting for an Estimator on behalf of a multi-disciplinary construction, refurb and fit-out contractor based in West Yorkshire.
Over the past 25 years the company has enjoyed consistent growth and now acts as a principal contractor for projects within the Industrial, Retail and Commercial sectors and boasts a number of the UK’s best-known companies among its client base.
Now employing more than 200 members of staff throughout the Uk and with 3 regional offices they are set up to deliver contracts from £50,000 up to £10 million in value.
- Assist the Project Development and Commercial Manager in assessing potential tender opportunities.
- Ensure that all tender opportunities are logged in estimating workload tracker.
- Develop new leads and opportunities for the business when possible.
- Attend initial Bid Team Meeting/Discussion with key stakeholders in relation to the bid
- Assess tender documentation and feedback key information in relation to contract type, specific terms and any specific risk
- Visit project sites (national locations) as necessary
- Prepare, collate, submit and manage tender RFIs
- Determine which (if any) packages are to be subcontracted
- Prepare and issue subcontract enquiries
- Establish strong lines of communication with tendering subcontractors.
- Retrieve, review and assess subcontract tender returns.
- Carry out materials take off for works if necessary
- As part of Bid Team, determine plant necessary to deliver the scheme
- Cost works to be delivered through rates built up with labour, plant and materials.
- Consultation with the key stakeholders should take place to assess the labour requirements
- Adjust commercial aspects of the tender as instructed in the adjudication and submit the tender prior to the bid end date
- Present bid proposals to the Bid Director
- Attend post tender interview/pre-order meeting if required
- Complete tender handover to project delivery team
Skills & Attributes
- Previous main contractor experience
- A construction industry qualification preferred such as HNC/D or Honours Degree
- Proficiency in use of Conquest estimating software is preferable
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental safety requirements.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Full UK Driving license
- Approachable and able to build relationships with others
- Strong communication skills
- Team player – actively helping and engaging in events and team working.
- Ability to work independently, using your own initiative and problem solving skills.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency