We are currently recruiting for a Gas Supervisor on behalf of a well-established and respected Mechanical Services Contractor who are involved in the installation of commercial and domestic heating and plumbing systems with a particular specialism in occupied council dwellings.
They work for a host of public sector and private clients including Lewisham Council, the Metropolitan Police, Royal Holloway University London, HMP Elmley, Wandsworth Council and most recently, Kent County Council.
- Supervising a team of gas engineers, wet workers, contractors and builders.
- Monitoring workload and completion rates including monitoring recall lists and engineer payments/deductions.
- Reviewing and signing off all CP12s
- Providing technical advice and support to the team and contracts manager.
- Liaising with the local authority gas inspectors
- Carrying out QC work for all new installs
- Attending monthly regional gas meetings with the local authority
- Tenant liaison for complaints resolution
- Ability to survey and cost additional/remedial works as required and provide supporting documentation in a timely manner
Skills & Attributes
- Hold current Domestic Gas tickets and ideally Commercial Gas tickets
- Hold SMSTS certificate
- Previous experience of managing, motivating and developing a team.
- Experience of working on a range of Gas contracts, ideally within the public sector, council, social housing arena.
- Full driving licence
- Good communicator, verbally and written, and have a good level of computer literacy