Our client, a leading HVAC-R plant manufacturer are looking to recruit a Graduate Product Development Engineer to join the team on a permanent basis at their site in Brighouse. This role has been created due to growth within the business which has made room for a new member of the team. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspect of Costing/ Estimating and Design of a range of HVAC-R Plant from Water Fan Coils, Chillers to Air Conditioing and Refrigeraton Systems.. Interested candidates must have a Mechanical Engineering degree and be proficient in 2D and 3D CAD modelling.
- Assist in the specification of new products, including liaison with customer’s and our sales / marketing team to complete feasibility studies for management review.
- Project plan and identify resources for projects with the use of Gant charts etc. to ensure projects are completed on time, in full and to specification.
- Integral part of the PRM team (Product road map) organising monthly product reviews across the product range involving other employees from across the business.
- The co-ordination of their own priorities to meet the needs of technical services, new projects and the needs for value engineering.
- Provide product support to other departments.
- Produce accurate technical drawings from information provided.
- Efficiently complete the mechanical, electrical and refrigeration design of new or modified existing products to the Company’s drafting standards and procedures.
- Creation & maintenance of Bills of Materials.
- Assist in the building and wiring of prototypes and first offs.
- Take part in the implementation of testing processes and building of test rigs in line with requirements.
- Calibrate test equipment in accordance with procedure.
- Complete testing in line with engineering requirements and in accordance with procedures.
- Accurately document test data and file test reports correctly within the established system and in accordance with the Company quality procedures.
- Produce Line process documents from information provided.
- Assist in the specification of new products, including liaison with customer’s sales / marketing and complete feasibility studies for management review.
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree Qualified in an Mechanical Engineering Discipline
- Able to create design in both 2D and 3D
- Good practical and theoretical understanding of fundamental engineering principles.
- Open Minded attitude.
- Innovative thinker but with the ability to prioritise
- Full UK Driving License
Note: This vacancy is being advertised by Apex Engineering Solutions Ltd who are acting as an Employment Agency