An exciting and challenging new opportunity exists with one of the country’s leading M&E Contractor and Support Services company. As the Head of Procurement you will be instrumental in standardising the existing purchasing function across all business streams and work towards achieving a 3 year strategic plan of implementing consistency throughout.
To provide effective leadership of the operational supply chain team within the Services division and ensure:
- A review of the current procurement teams across the Services Business Unit
- Support the business at all stages from tendering through to the successful contract delivery
- Support the Operational aspects of the various Services Business Units in delivery of business plans.
- Align the Services Procurement function to the objectives of and supports group wide objectives
- Utilise the Group supply chain activities, such as purchase to pay, strategic sourcing, systems and governance.
As the Head of Procurement you will be expected to provide;
- Effective team leadership and management to develop the services procurement function, ensuring alignment with the delivery of the operational business needs
- Review, update and embed a ‘Customer of Choice’ strategy and effectively manage all strategic, preferred and approved suppliers to maximise value across the Services business and Group.
- Ensure supplier performance is recorded and act on management information to drive improved performance.
- Provide proactive feedback to the business on supplier performance and be responsible for the addition and removal of vendors.
- Review the annual business plan for Services to ensure that the Supply Chain is in place to successfully deliver the anticipated contracts.
- Lead the functional resource to ensure the delivery of a project specific supply chain strategy for major projects.
- Manage the Services lead supply chain categories, ensuring the effective delivery of the category strategy and the associated financial objectives for the category for Group.
- Develop a strong performance culture across the Services business, responsible for managing the Services dashboards and demonstrating value-add to the Operations Directors on an ongoing basis.
- Deliver the annual operational procurement savings targets as agreed with the both the Services SLT and Group Procurement & Supply Chain Leadership Team
- Manage resources within agreed operational budgets.
- Experience in effectively leading an operational supply chain team and external suppliers to meet Group targets and operational delivery requirements.
- Experience of strategic procurement and supply chain management to support work winning, operational delivery and delivery of best possible cost vs value outcomes.
- Relevant degree or significant equivalent procurement and supply chain experience gained within a facilities services environment