Discipline: Administration, Compliance, Health and Safety
Speciality: Administration, HSE, ISO 9001, ISO14001, NEBOSH, OHSAS18001
UK Residency Required: No
Salary: £30000 - £35000
Apply by: 06/04/2018
Min Experience: years
We are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Compliance Officer to join our client in Leeds on a permanent basis. This is on behalf of one of our clients who are continually growing in the current market and are looking to expand their team. The ideal candidate will have experience as a Health and Safety Advisor, ideally within a manufacturing/ engineering environment with sound working knowledge of ISO14001 and 18001. The successful candidates will be responsible for ensuring the company is fully compliant with all customer and contractor H&S requirements.
• Ensure all staff have relevant training and certificates are in date – liaise with Training providers and ensure staff sign Training Agreements
• Actions completed (listed by our H&S consultant) for each office.
• Ensure safe working conditions for all staff such as:
o Office safety
o Site safety
o Toolbox talks
o First aid kits etc
o Tools are adequate
• Run the quarterly H&S Working Groups
• Updating Field Manuals for the site engineers
o FGAS support
o Company Policies and Handbooks
• Review Legislation
• Accidents/near misses to be logged and possibly acted upon.
Skills & Attributes
• NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate.
• Demonstrable experience in a HSE Advisor / Compliance role ( Ideally within a Engineering/ Manufacturing environment)
• Experience Auditing to any OR all standards of ISO 14001/18001/ 9001 with relevant qualifications to support
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and telephone), with the ability to work across all levels of the organization.
• Strong reasoning skills with the ability to construct sound and persuasive arguments.
• Ability to assimilate information quickly from a variety of sources in order to form a coherent fit for purpose response.
• Ability to prioritise and focus upon key deliverables and activities.
Note: This vacancy is being advertised by Apex Engineering Solutions Ltd who are acting as an Employment Agency