Due to continued growth and product development we are looking to recruit a Mechanical Applications Engineer for a leading HVAC-R business in Brighouse, West Yorkshire.
This is a permanent role that has be created due to continued growth within the business and they are now looking to expand their applications team due to increased workload.
The ideal candidate will qualified to a minimium of HNC in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering with demonstrable experience working within a HVAC-R Design based role.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project manage the engineering design of sales application projects.
- Liaise with customers/commercial and the production projects team and make detailed plans to ensure projects are completed within pre-set deadlines.
- Assist with Client witness testing ensuring product requirements, set up and pre-test/tests are carried out to specification.
- Assist in the design of sales application projects
- Consult with suppliers to assess new components, materials and methods of design to reduce costs and remove slow moving / obsolete stock for application projects
- Coordinate and assist in the creation of BOM’s, wiring diagrams, 2D / 3D drawings, BIM modelling and any other manufacturing information required for production.
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation of sketches, layouts and preliminary costing of prototypes
- Coordinate and assist in the completion of testing in line with engineering application project requirements and in accordance with the Development Engineering procedures.
- Coordinate and assist in the building and wiring of prototypes and first offs.
- Assisting manufacturing with ‘root cause’ analysis and ensure procedures/processes are updated to ensure repeats of the problem do not happen
SALES SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaise with sales engineering and customers for specifications, lead-times and costs for the completion of Application projects.
- Ensure all the technical documentation requirements of customers are completed, this includes drawings, spares list and MRB’s etc.
- Assist the commercial department in the creation of marketing material based on the successes of application projects
OTHER SUPPORT AND ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the requirements of new product development.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports
- Support the needs of manufacturing, customer witness testing and technical services when appropriate
Candidate Skills / Qualifications
- Minumum HNC qualificaiton in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrable experience working within a design/ applications based role within the HVAC- R plant industry.