Our client is looking to hire a Junior Engineer to complete a variety of tasks to contribute towards the efficient running of the workshop on a day to day basis. They have been established for over 50 years and operate in a wide range of industries undertaking electrical, instrument, fibre optic and mechanical contracts from the initial design and engineering to the complete installation and final handover.
Their versatility is enhanced by the mechanical and electrical engineering backup from their own fabrication and electrical/instrument workshops.
The client is happy for candidates to have little experience as they will provide any relevant training.
- Gain an understanding of current equipment and machinery.
- Gain an understanding of existing product ranges
- Deal competently with incoming phone calls and e-mails from customers
- Assist when required with preparing estimates and CAD drawings for customers.
- Preparation of Workshop drawings and production schedules.
- Collaboration and co-ordination of multiple design discipline models.
- To carry out any Production Assistant activities within the Workshop as required
- To carry out site visit and surveys where required related to the design/build of new or retro-fit control panels and systems.
- To carry out electrical design of control panels and systems from customer specification and requirements.
- To be responsible for the production and registration of drawings for production purposes, using AutoCAD software.
- To produce parts lists and manuals as required by customers using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- To be responsible for the procurement and specification of materials.
- To be responsible where required to liaise with customers and their end clients during Witnessed FAT.
- To be responsible where required to attend site during the commissioning phase of supplied control panels and systems.
Skills & Qualifications
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D drafting software is required, although not essential as full training will be provided.
- Good IT skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good levels of written and verbal communication.
- A desire to learn in a fast-moving environment.
- Hands on Mechanical and technical skills, although not essential as full training will be provided
Note: This vacancy is being advertised by Apex Engineering Solutions Ltd who are acting as an Employment Agency