We are currently recruiting for 2 M&E Site Managers on behalf of a leading Mechanical and Electrical design and installation contractor based in the South West.
The company offer a complete end to end design and installation service for projects throughout the Uk, primarily within commercial and industrial projects such as hotel and leisure, healthcare, retail, distribution warehouses and education.
As the M&E Site Manager you will provide leadership for all mechanical and electrical services installation operatives on site ensuring that project commitments are delivered safely and within the agreed timescales.
This will initially be a 4 month contract position but could be extended. There are 2 positions available, 1 based in Enfield and 1 based in Harlow.
- Liaison with the main contractor on a daily basis including attendance at regular site meetings.
- Liaison with the mechanical and electrical contracts managers, reporting on progress, labour levels, health and safety, quality and non-conformances.
- Manage and supervise the mechanical and electrical sub-contractors and specialists on site on a day to day basis ensuring works are carried out in accordance with the contract programme, design drawings and specifications.
- Ensure records of resources, sub-contractor attendance and records of work-related discussions with the main contractor are maintained.
- Ensure operatives are suitably qualified to be carrying out works requiring particular qualifications and keeping records of sub-contractor training cards.
- Ensure health and safety responsibilities are undertaken including the review and update of risk assessments and method statements as required.
- Carry out tool box talks and develop a culture of safety throughout the team, reporting weekly to the main contractor.
- Ensure that the inspection and test plan is carried out including quality assurance checking and reporting by the site manager and sub-contractors to ensure that quality standards are being met.
- Requisitioning of resources in a timely manner to fit in with the programme of works.
- Assisting the contracts managers in the preparation of monthly valuations.
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including clients, structural engineers, builders, architects and surveyors, and in-house project teams, building and maintaining relationships.
- Collating certification and preparation of O&M manuals
Skills & Attributes
- Current SMSTS and CSCS certification.
- Previous experience working as an M&E Site Manager
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical building services, construction techniques and best practices.
- Ideally have experience of industrial and commercial projects.
- The ability to work well both as part of a team, and on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong leadership, people management and staff supervision skills.
- Understanding of engineering drawings and specifications.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Business