We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Contracts Manager on behalf of a well-established, family run building services contractor.
The company specialise in undertaking the design and installation of Mechanical and Electrical systems for a range of projects within the Retail, Commercial, Industrial, Education and Healthcare sectors.
The Mechanical Contracts Manager will be responsible for maintaining and developing relationships with clients and ensuring projects are delivered according to contract specifications and within agreed timescales and budgetary constraints.
- To maintain and develop relationships with existing and new clients, attending regular Contract Progress Meetings, and managing any RFIs.
- Ensuring contracts are set up in accordance with all HSQE contracted requirements, Laws, and company standards, including completion of all contract RAMs.
- Labour Planning including employed, Agency Labour and sub-contractors.
- Sourcing and supply of relevant Plant Hire for jobs.
- Delivery of the contract, in liaison with the Foreman, ensuring costs and profit margin are maintained.
- Attend monthly HSQE site inspections, reporting, taking action and escalating any HSQE issues or concerns, and completing any new RAMs resulting from changes or additions to the specification.
- Produce fully substantiated/breakdown of variations, ensuring written instructions from clients are received.
- Produce a detailed programme of works in line with the main contracts and ensure projects meet the programmed dates.
- Produce Monthly financial Work in Progress reports and monthly valuations.
- Conduct staff appraisals, performance management and related employee relations tasks for your line reports.
Skills & Attributes
- Previous experience working as a Mechanical Contracts Manager.
- Ideally have experience of working on and manging multi-million pound projects
- Experience in management/supervisory position or equivalent site experience.
- Extensive knowledge of current regulations including Health & Safety and CDM.
- Familiar with risk assessment techniques and methods.
- Good level of business and commercial acumen, strong numeracy and literacy skills.
- Good level of IT skill to include, Microsoft word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to use initiative.
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel to fulfil the requirements of the post.
- Current Asbestos Awareness Certificate
- Amtech software knowledge
- Previous site experience as a foreman/site manager