We are recruiting for a Mechanical Fitter to join a specialist organisation who design, manufacture, commission and service Wet Blasting machinery on behalf of clients primarily within a manufacturing environment.
Established over 25 years ago the company provides Wet Blasting solutions to clients in the Uk and overseas across a range of industries including Automotive, Aerospace and Nuclear applications.
As the Mechanical Fitter you will carry out the construction and assembly of mechanical systems and equipment to concise engineering drawings and production timescales
This role will be based out of the workshop in Somerset and may involve some travel to support the field service engineers on site at busy periods.
- Construction of mechanical systems and equipment to concise engineering drawings and Production timescales.
- Fault-finding and diagnostics of mechanical equipment.
- To adhere to the company policies and procedures.
- Monitor progress of build against required delivery dates
- Where necessary report on builds not up to progress and request assistance
- Report component shortages
- Continuously monitor part delivery and quality
- Test equipment under the supervision of the Project Engineer and recording equipment data
- Supervise contract staff in line with company standards e.g. Health and Safety
- Ensure that, tools and equipment are maintained in a clean, complete and safe condition
- Ensure that work area remains clean and tidy
- Perform demonstrations, as required
- Installation of systems and equipment at customer locations, worldwide.
- Perform installation, commissioning and service duties as required, on or off-site.
Skills & Attributes
- City & Guilds mechanical qualification/mechanical apprentice trained.
- Demonstrable experience of mechanical equipment assembly.
- Fault-finding and diagnostics of mechanical equipment, both as part of a team or Individually.
- Have sound knowledge of mechanical manufacturing processes.
- Self-motivated and able to use initiative in prioritizing tasks.
- Keen to accept responsibility and accountability.
- Professional manner, able to represent the company to a high standard.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-driven for progressive and continued learning and development.
- Full driving license.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency. This is a permanent position.