We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Site Manager to join a prestigious project in South Wales on behalf of a leading M&E Contractor.
The Mechanical Site Manager will take the lead on all mechanical related tasks on a multi million pound project ensuring that all aspects of the installation are completed on time and in budget.
- Undertake inspections on site to ensure compliance with client requirements and specification.
- Coordinate installation drawings, participate with commissioning and handover, including defects identification, snagging and closure.
- Manage and monitor performance of engineering staff and specialist sub-contractors, ensuring completion of mechanical related tasks in accordance with construction plans, and drawings.
- Ensure appropriate quality and workmanship.
- Be pro-active in allocating work ensuring efficient deployment of subcontractors.
- Takes ownership of mechanical issues.
- Ensure that safety standards are understood, implemented and maintained by all team members and contractors.
- Assist the Project Manager with on-site tasks and planning.
- Assist the onsite construction team to ensure that subcontractors work to the program and construction sequence.
- Raise any issues that may affect progress, ensure that quality, benchmarks etc are maintained and delivered at all times.
Skills & Attributes
- Previous experience working as a Mechanical Site Manager ideally with a national contractor
- An industry relevant City & Guilds/NVQ qualification or equivalent.
- Hold a valid Site Manager (SMSTS) certificate.
- Will need to be able to understand building services including design principles, method statements, Inspection Test Plans, Risk Assessments, commissioning and handover requirements.
- Able to communicate with subcontractors, consultants and other team members.