We are currently recruiting for a Regional Contracts Director on behalf of a multi-discipline principal contractor who operate within the construction, refurb and fit-out market. The role will be based at the Bradford office.
Over the past 25 years the company has enjoyed consistent growth and now acts as a principal contractor for projects within the Industrial, Retail and Commercial sectors and boasts a number of the UK’s best-known companies among its client base.
Now employing more than 200 members of staff throughout the UK and with 3 regional offices they are set up to deliver contracts from £50,000 up to £10 million in value.
The Contracts Director will be accountable for overseeing various project teams responsible for the end to end delivery of contracts and ensuring that contracts are delivered on time, meet or exceed quality expectations, and perform commercially. This role reports directly to the Regional Director.
- Reviewing commercial performance of work streams and projects in conjunction with the project team to report back to the Regional Director.
- Reviewing working practises and implementing changes to achieve better commercial performance of projects.
- Managing the operational overhead budget to ensure that the business needs are met whilst controlling overall spend.
- Reporting on a monthly basis on the performance of projects delivered in the month and forecasting Turnover and Gross Margin for the financial year.
- In conjunction with Central Team and Business Unit Management Team; continually review workload and supply chain requirements against the supply chain to ensure that the requirements of the business can be met.
- Engage with subcontractors and suppliers as required by the business
- Work directly with the pre-construction team.
- Ensure appropriate resource on projects measured against tendered allowances.
- Ensure that the business needs are met, ensure commercial aspects of bids are completed.
- Ensure compliance with the quality management system as well as health and safety standards.
- Live and breathe the company values, promoting a customer focused culture with quality and teamwork at the heart of everything.
- Build strong relationships with other function heads.
- Ensure continual development and support of career progression of direct reports as well as robustly managing poor performers.
Skills & Attributes
- Demonstrable experience in a Senior Management or Director level role within the construction industry.
- Experience working on a wide range of construction projects and an excellent understanding of general construction practices, legislation and compliance.
- Excellent commercial acumen ideally gained while managing the commercial aspects of a £30m+ turnover construction company.
- Knowledge and awareness of issues that may affect the budgetary control and timely completion of construction projects.
- Experience of working on projects covering disciplines in retail, industrial and commercial sectors.
- Experience in the management and development of multiple teams to achieve successful completion of projects and continued growth within the industry.
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental safety requirements within the industry.
- Demonstrable ability to present and manage project plans for construction projects.
- Understanding of financial management controls.
- Fully computer literate with advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office packages.
- Full driving license.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency