We are currently recruiting for a Principal Building Surveyor on behalf of a local authority in the Derbyshire area.
The Principal Building Surveyor will provide a comprehensive surveying, maintenance and monitoring service, ensuring that land, buildings and properties remain safe and operational.
- Provide a comprehensive surveying, maintenance and monitoring service to the level expected of a Chartered Surveyor, ensuring that land, buildings and properties remain safe and operational.
- Carry out inspections and condition surveys and prepare reports, including defect diagnosis with priorities, recommendations and costings.
- Manage delivery of building projects ensuring that all works are carried out in an efficient manner and delivered to budget, timescale and specification.
- Lead on the delivery of programmes of inspections and condition surveys of buildings.
- Contribute to discussions at the design stage of new developments and major repairs programmes, particularly on materials to be used, in order to minimise maintenance liabilities.
- Authorise and manage the repair and maintenance of buildings and monitor progress ensuring that the appropriate standards and quality of workmanship are achieved.
- Prepare detailed reports, schedules, specifications, drawings, diagrams and estimates relating to both minor and major works including routine repairs, conversions, preventative maintenance, adaptations, refurbishment, improvements, alterations and demolition.
- Provide and maintain a high level of professional standards within the Property Design and Maintenance Commercial Team.
- Ensure compliance with most recent Construction (Design and management) (CDM) regulations, assuming the Principal Designer Role as required.
- Demonstrate a high degree of knowledge in the application of surveying, maintenance and monitoring to facilitate constructability as applied to construction methods and materials, and the economics involved.
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree qualified in subject relevant to Building Surveying
- Full membership of recognised professional organisation relevant to the post (e.g. RICS, MCIOB, MIET, MCIBSE or MIMECH)
- Extensive experience of construction and maintenance
- Experience in managing and monitoring fee income to ensure financial sustainability of Service delivery
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and prioritise with confidence under stressful situations