We are currently recruiting for a Principal Quantity Surveyor on behalf of a local authority in the Derbyshire area.
The Principal Quantity Surveyor will provide and manage a comprehensive contract management service for all Council owned and similar buildings and land, and to participate in the delivery and management of a highly efficient and effective Quantity Surveying service
- Ensure the continuity and consistency of service during the absence of the Team Lead.
- Represent the Quantity Surveying Team Leader at meetings and discussions relating to contract management and other associated issues.
- Prepare capital and life-cycle cost feasibility studies for potential construction schemes to determine project affordability and viability for all of the council capital construction projects..
- Produce, report and maintain detailed cash flow profiles for the capital programme of works for the Director of Finance and Design Service Manager
- Liaise with other design team members on a project to ensure a co-ordinated approach is undertaken in connection with design & construction, financial management contractual matters and The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CONDAM) to enable the effective delivery of the proposed construction project.
- Take the lead and co-ordinate and complete the financial management of building projects including financial planning, financial control and financial monitoring.
- Deliver the project to achieve value for money for the authority.
- Act as the project surveyor for projects up to a value of £10,000,000 which demand a high level of experience and expertise
- prepare Bills of Quantity/Schedules of Work for the project construction works to enable tendering contractors to price on a consistent and unambiguous basis.
- To prepare tender analysis reports, evaluate the cost elements of submitted tenders and negotiate any variations to submitted tenders to ensure the selected tenderer offers optimum value.
Experience & Qualifications
- Qualified to degree level in Quantity Surveying.
- Ideally hold a professional qualification and/or membership of the RICS or other relevant Chartered Institute would be an additional advantage
- Previous experience working as a Senior/Principal QS, ideally with a local authority/public sector organisation.