We are currently recruiting for a Principal Services Engineer on behalf of a local authority in the Derbyshire area.
The Principal Services Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering services and technical expertise relative to the repair, maintenance, adaptations, refurbishment, conversion, alteration, new build and demolition of assigned council projects.
- Carry out engineering services condition surveys and prepare reports, estimates, specifications, drawings and works schedules for quotations or tendering purposes.
- Supervise works on site and brief, appoint and manage consultants for services engineering work as necessary.
- Authorise and manage the repair and maintenance of engineering services and monitor progress ensuring that the appropriate standards and quality of workmanship are achieved.
- Lead programmes of inspection and condition surveys of engineering services
- Prepare detailed reports, schedules, specifications, drawings, diagrams and estimates relating to both minor and major engineering services works
- Lead the team to ensure effective project management of minor electrical and mechanical services installations, ensuring projects and commissions are delivered on time, within budget and to the Clients specifications
- Provide technical expertise and advice for planned and reactive maintenance including statutory obligations, building issues and legal compliance requirements and obligations
- Provide technical advice on the feasibility, practicality and estimated costs of proposals submitted by client departments and schools.
Experience & Qualifications
- A minimum of a University degree relevant to Building Engineering and Surveying
- Full membership of recognised professional organisation relevant to the post (e.g. RICS, MCIOB, MIET, MCIBSE or MIMECH)
- Extensive experience of construction and maintenance
- Detailed working knowledge of Legionnaires’ disease, the control of Legionella bacteria in water systems ACOP L8
- Extensive experience in providing technical direction with regard to construction, technology and building engineering services
- Experience of managing and ensuring building compliance according to regulations, professional guidance and good practice