We are currently recruiting for a Principal Compliance Engineer on behalf of a local authority affiliated organisation based in Derby.
The Principal Compliance Engineer will be responsible for the smooth running of planned & cyclical mechanical maintenance works and reactive works whilst making sure they are compliant with building regulations.
As the Principal Compliance Engineer, you would also be managing the water assets under the control of the organisation in order to protect people from infection.
- Oversee a number of mechanical engineering services ranging from heating, air conditioning services, control systems and more.
- Undertake or procure risk assessments and audits on water hygiene.
- Manage the operations of water hygiene contracts including placing orders, quality auditing and making sure that invoices are managed in a timely manner.
- Undertake inspections and condition surveys and also report on the mechanical installations in buildings.
- Liaise with maintenance contractors, engineers, surveyors, and customers to make sure that any planned or reactive works undertaken are in compliance with building regulations.
- Prepare detailed reports, schedules, specifications, drawings, diagrams, and estimates relating to both minor and major electrical works.
- Provide an excellent project management service on minor mechanical service installations and make sure that they meet client specifications and are delivered on time.
- Provide technical advice for planned and reactive maintenance works.
- Operate and monitor the energy management system.
- Keep up to date on any legislation and regulations relating to lifts and provide advice to clients when necessary.
- Ensure that any emergency action is undertaken in a timely manner. When a dangerous situation is discovered, take the lift out of service as required.
- Authorise the repair and maintenance works of lifts.
- Keep up to date with technological developments in order to be able to provide effective advice to clients.
Skills & Attribute
- A degree or relevant qualification relevant to building services engineering.
- Previous experience in mechanical engineering.
- Good knowledge of building regulations.
- Previous leadership experience of minor and major building works on a range of projects.
- Experience in preparing contracts, drawings, specificatons and calculations.
- Good IT skills.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to deal with multiple projects.