We are currently recruiting for a Production Supervisor on behalf of a world leading organisation who specialise in the design, commissioning and servicing of Wet Blasting machinery.
Established over 25 years ago the company provides Wet Blasting solutions to clients in the Uk and overseas across a range of industries including Automotive, Aerospace and Nuclear applications.
The Production Supervisor will take on overall responsibility for the internal production operation. Responsible for scheduling, coordinating, and executing daily tasks in line with the production schedule.
- Line Management Responsibility for production assembly team.
- Proven ability to motivate and lead a team to achieve results.
- Effectively communicate production targets and KPI’s
- Take full responsibility for workforce and resource planning.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Take a lead role in customer visits
- Maximise production efficiency and cost reduction
- Full accountability for Waste management, Labour costs, Production output, Machine availability, General maintenance, Stepped capacity increases
- Cement a culture of continuous improvement across production cells
- Construction of mechanical systems and equipment to concise engineering drawings and production timescales.
- Fault-finding and diagnostics of mechanical equipment.
- Performing demonstrations, as required
- Installation of systems and equipment at customer locations, worldwide.
- Perform installation, commissioning and service duties as required, on or off-site, international or offshore
Skills & Attributes
- Educated to HNC/HND level in relevant field, ideally Mechanical Engineering
- CMI/LMI Qualification in Leadership is desirable but not essential.
- Previous demonstrable experience within a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience within a line management capacity
- Ability to lead and make decisions
- Ability to persuade and influence at all levels
- Ability to analyse and report data effectively
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Ability to adapt and respond to change
- Able to demonstrate ability to achieve objectives and exceed expectations
- Applicants must have a full UK driving license
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency