Working as part of the Project Team you will be dealing with key customer projects to ensure programmes are on plan and within budget. This will require day-to-day managing of projects interfacing with staff undertaking the work, providing the customer with routine updates on programme status.
The position is based in Edinburgh although there will be a requirement for regular travel to visits sites and attendance at meetings including some overnight stays.
As an established Project Manager you will be an excellent communicator with good commercial sense being a must. The successful candidate will maintain the highest personal working standards and performance with emphasis on efficient delivery of projects.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical scope is being met.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation throughout projects.
- Development of detailed project plan to track progress.
- Use appropriate techniques to manage any unforeseen changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as required.
- Manage the relationship with the customers and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors throughout projects
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Managing and setting team KPI’s and ensuring team meet these
- Close scrutiny of holidays/overtime/sickness is required on all project teams working on site
- Close liaison with internal departments to manage project expectation to ensure both delivery and performance.
- Daily/weekly review and reporting of projects progress.
- Communicate with key stakeholders & customers on any issues.
- Management of all projects costs to ensure projects are in line with budgeted costs.
- Attend routine meetings on a regular basis, preparation and presentation of performance of projects.
- Regular visits to sites to review project work being undertaken as per requirements, ensuring staff are working to project process and all work is being conducted safely.
- Provide support to other projects managers, technical managers as and when required.
Quals and Experience
- Good educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering.
- Proven working experience as a project administrator in the information technology sector is preferred.
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience of projects.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- PMP/PRINCE II certification is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well.
- Be assertive.
- Have the ability to work within a strong cohesive team but also be capable of using your own initiative and make your own decisions.
- CAD/CAM skills.
- Excellent level of time management and prioritising responsibilities.
- Be well-organised and capable of meeting tight deadlines