We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager on behalf of a bespoke mechanical engineering company who manage the complete mechanical engineering process including design, manufacture and commissioning.
They have a client base which boasts some of the biggest names in the engineering sector. Mainly working within the Waste Water and Clean Water industries they provide a range of services including surveying through to design, fabrication, installation and implementation.
- Supervising and managing multiple projects from start to end through each of their phases: Survey, design, fabrication, installation and commissioning.
- Specification of client requirement during initial meetings or site inspections – development of full scope if not available.
- Producing costs and evaluating subcontractors’ costs and technical proposals.
- Managing costs through the project life.
- Designing and reviewing designs for bespoke components using CAD (Solidworks and Autocad) and inspecting fabrication at the workshop.
- Producing technical documentation for each project including method statements and risk assessments according to CDM 2015.
- Supervising the installations for the fabricated components.
- Ensure all H&S requirements are implemented through the project life cycle according to CDM 2015.
- Managing subcontractors on site (Cranes, Electrical works, external fabrications)
- Completing risk assessments and writing method statements
- Carrying out accurate measurements and site surveys
Skills & Attributes
- Mechanical Engineering background
- Previous experience working as a Project Manager
- Ability to oversee projects from inception to completion.
- Water industry experience (preferred)
- Technical and design understanding
- CAD experience (preferred but not essential)
- IOSH or NEBOSH an advantage
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency.