We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor on behalf of a multi-disciplinary construction, refurb and fit-out contractor based in Livingston.
The company operate within the Industrial, Commercial and Retails sectors and manage contracts up to £5 million in value.
- Preparing all costs and estimates for tenders and current projects.
- Ensuring all relevant documentation is maintained and updated as appropriate, monitoring costs of ongoing projects and reporting on their profitability.
- Attend scoping/survey meetings as required on select schemes along with Senior QS
- Liaison with QS team throughout costing process/offer assistance as far as possible
- Liaison with Contracts Management allocated to project to determine programme/works requirements
- Review client issued scope of works/architect’s drawings to ensure that these include all works discussed at initial scoping meeting
- Continue to pursue order coverage from PQS/Cost Manager
- Obtain additional subcontractor quotes for packages.
- Carry out subcontractor tender analysis
- Agree works packages with favoured contractors and liaise with allocated QS to agree proposed subcontractors
- Agree schedule of valuation dates with PQS/Cost Manager
- Complete cash flow tracker for project
- Liaise with Contracts Manager/allocated QS throughout construction period
- Attend site regularly with Contracts Manager, progress meetings or adhoc site visits
- Cost any variations/drawing revisions as they become apparent
- Liaise with PQS/Cost Manager throughout construction phase to keep them up to speed with variations.
- Obtain subcontract costs for any relevant variations, discuss and agree these with subcontractors and issue relevant instructions
- Obtain subcontractor final accounts
- Liaise with PQS/Cost Manager to agree project final account;
- Obtain copy of invoices relating to agreed final account and add to invoice tracker
- Assist Accounts department in pursuing any overdue payments through discussion with PQS/ Cost Manager if requested to do so
- Agree Subcontract Final Accounts and Issue Final Account Payment Notices
- Attend Post Project Review along and complete commercial section of review document along with allocated QS.
Skills & Attributes
- Relevant qualification preferred such as degree or HND in Surveying;
- Relevant demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental safety requirements;
- Computer literate with basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office packages;
- First Aid at Work preferred
- Driving license
- Demonstrable ability to think ahead and use own initiative