We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor on behalf of a very well established Mechanical, Electrical and Telecoms Engineering and Infrastructure contractor.
Established over 27 years ago the company now employs upwards of 100 staff throughout the UK and provides design, construction and maintenance services for a range of blue chip, public and private clients on projects including Rail, Commercial, Industrial and Social Housing.
They are now looking for a Quantity Surveyor to provide exceptional commercial support to the rail project team to ensure compliance with contractual requirements and ensure that the objectives of individual projects and those of the company as a whole are achieved.
- Ensure robust, accurate and timely cost and value reporting at project level
- Ensure accurate cash flow reporting takes place
- Carry out cost management including forecasting
- Work closely with the project teams and have accountability, along with the project team, for the commercial performance and strategy
- Help ensure that commercial processes and contractual administration are adhered to across the business unit
- Actively seek to improve processes and procedures
- Have a good understanding of NEC 3, NEC 4, JCT 2011 and ICC contracts
- Collate information and raise contact variations / compensation events.
- Support in ensuring that any main contracts entered into have terms and conditions that are appropriate, with commercial risks identified
- Ensure that good client relationships are fostered
- Attend site meetings with client QS team as required.
- Be responsible for subcontract letting, negotiation and financial accounting
Skills & Attributes
- HND/degree in Quantity Surveying, or equivalent
- Previous experience in the construction industry, preferably Electrical or Mechanical
- Have a good understanding of NEC 3, NEC 4, JCT 2011, ICC contracts and knowledge of current Construction Law
- Experience in commercial management and procurement of subcontractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates and accruals calculations
- Ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting and earned value analysis
- Excellent team player whilst also holding the ability to work independently on own initiative
- Excellent time management skills, with ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Member of RICS or other relevant professional body, or working towards
- CSCS card
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency