We are currently recruiting for a Regional Business Development Manager on behalf of a national provider of energy efficient heating installation and metering services to social housing schemes, charity funded projects, government initiatives and private developments throughout the Uk.
As the Regional Business Development Manager for the North you will be responsible for maintaining and developing established business relationships at all levels whilst developing new business with customers throughout the region.
- Provide senior level point of contact for the customer. Proactively ensure all key contacts needs are highlighted and addressed.
- Acquire and continue to develop a comprehensive understanding of the full range of services and capabilities the company offer, and convey to customers any new developments which promote the company’s full capability.
- Ensure business relationships at all levels are maintained to the highest level and developed to their full potential.
- Ensure that site and company continue to be aligned commercially, technically and operationally to ensure lead position in potential revenue opportunities
- Operate to developed and agreed business objectives, delivering goals from created sales forecasts.
- Developing and maintaining existing site accounts maintaining excellent customer relationships.
- Implementing and developing an effective sales plan for the business evolving the business strategy and monitoring sales performance.
- Protect and enhance the clients perception and the reputation of the company in the market place through diligence to development initiatives and ensure compliance to operations
- Adopt a ‘no surprises’ approach to reporting and communication with the Sales Director and be prepared to challenge the norm in a constructive and proactive manner.
- Achieve and exceed margin, contract value, and revenue targets
Skills & Attributes
- Previous experience working as a Business Development Manager, ideally within an engineering field.
- A technical understanding and knowledge of community and district heating systems is desirable but not essential. A technical background in a relevant field will also be considered.
- Proven track record in delivering on sales targets year on year for both revenue and contribution
- Deliver in depth product and service knowledge to clients to ensure the correct product selection for end user application
- Highly motivated result driven individual
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Full UK Driving License