We are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager on behalf of a multi-disciplinary construction, refurb and fit-out contractor based in West Yorkshire.
Over the past 25 years the company has enjoyed consistent growth and now acts as a principal contractor for projects within the Industrial, Retail and Commercial sectors and boasts a number of the UK’s best-known companies among its client base.
Now employing more than 200 members of staff throughout the Uk and with 3 regional offices they are set up to deliver contracts from £50,000 up to £10 million in value.
- Support, mentor and manage the contracts and Site teams.
- Work closely and promote close working relationships between Contracts, Site Staff and all other departments and Business Units.
- Manage Contracts staff to ensure Company policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage updates and ensure workload tracker is maintained.
- Compile contract projects information from the Contracts Team and site documents for presenting to the Unit Manager and ensure consistency of reports.
- Advise and assist the Business Unit Manager on budgetary matters relating to the contracts department.
- Visit live projects to maintain contact with Site Teams and provide support and guidance
- Liaise with Clients and Design Teams as appropriate/where necessary
- Assist Procurement and SCM’s in the development of sub contract supply chain.
- Identify and authorise equipment needs.
- Assist in the development of procedures/processes where applicable to support Contracts and Site teams in the delivery of projects.
- Manages the allocation of projects to Contracts and Site Teams.
- Ensure unallocated resource costs are recorded correctly.
- Establish the requirement for additional resource and recruit where appropriate within the constraints of the business budgets.
- Liaising with the Business Unit Director and HR on people related matters where appropriate.
- Development of structure and cohesion of Contracts Department.
Skills & Attributes
- NVQ level 6 or equivalent in construction or construction related discipline.
- Demonstrable evidence of experience of a similar management role based within Contracts/Operations Management.
- Demonstrable ability to present and manage project plans.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of construction industry. Understanding of issues such as building regulations and planning.
- Understanding of financial management controls.
- Experience in a customer facing role, with a proven track record of building client relationships.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental safety requirements.
- Fully computer literate with advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office packages.
- Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS).
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Black Card.
- Asbestos Awareness.
- Full driving license.