This is a unique opportunity to join one of the world’s leading professional bodies for qualifications and standards in structural engineering. The institution has over 27,000 members worldwide working in 105 countries. The institution is an internationally recognised source of expertise and information concerning all issues that involve structural engineering and public safety within the built environment.
The position will primarily involve taking a leading role in supporting and developing the technical awareness and understanding of integrated computational design across the institution and its members. To develop and work on a range of initiatives related to integrated computational design, which will create a positive impact on members to ensure they remain at the forefront of technological advances in their field. This is a fixed 18 month contract.
- Support the Digital Workflows and Computational Design Panel in the delivery of its technical strategy
- Undertake research for the Structural Futures Committee as well as the Digital Workflows and Computational Design Panel.
- Act as secretary to the Digital Workflows and Computational Design Panel. This will include the preparation and circulation of agendas, taking minutes, report of progress of actions and result of decisions.
- Organise a conference on Computational Design Advances to enhance the quality of Integrated Building Design knowledge and understanding within industry.
- Create and develop a series of articles relating to Digital Workflows and Computational Design for the Institutions journal and website.
- Prepare and make presentations in Technical Meetings at Institution HQ and Regional Groups to raise awareness and support a culture of knowledge sharing amongst engineers, as required.
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Structural Engineers
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the structural engineering industry
- Demonstrable working knowledge of a range of current structural analysis, computational design and BIM software
- Practical structural engineering across a wide range of projects and the construction industry with the experience of design and working with a broad range of materials
- Writing effecting, complex technical reports and technical guidance documents
- IT Skills – Word/Outlook/Excel and Powerpoint
- Rhino and Grasshopper and ideally Revit and Dynamo