We are currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer on behalf of an established building services engineering consultancy.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the design of all aspects of Mechanical Building Services across a range of projects throughout the Commercial, Retail, Leisure, Energy Network and Residential sectors.
- Carry out mechanical design work including specification for the various stages of a project from inception to completion.
- Liaising with other professional or technical staff employed on a project as appropriate.
- Undertake all necessary site inspections and provide relevant reports.
- Comply with all relevant policy, standards and statutory legislation including quality management, customer services and equal opportunities.
- To ensure that customer requirements are identified and agreed with the client.
- To ensure the delivery of quality assured, client focused products and services to meet the agreed requirements of the customer.
Skills and Attributes
- Confident with all aspects of mechanical building services design.
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team.
- Client facing role – able to represent the company at client/design meetings.
- Competent designer, with ability to produce designs independently and to check the work of others
- Production of reports (Pre Acquisition dilapidations etc) for the property sector
- Good literary skills are essential
- Familiar with Commercial, Retail, Leisure and Residential projects
- Project Management including prioritising team work load and an appreciation of the opposite discipline
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects.
- Ideal candidate should be proficient with Microsoft Office packages and Building services Software such as Amtech/Cymap/TAS/Hevacomp together with Autocad packages. Revit experience is also advantageous.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency