Due to continuous growth of the business we are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor on behalf of a market leader in the design, installation, operation and maintenance of sustainable energy generation projects throughout the Uk.
With over 30 years’ experience within the District Heating and Cooling industry they have been recognised as one of the market leaders and have won more awards than any other energy company within the last 15 years.
They have over 300 members of staff across 3 offices and operate in a range of sectors including commercial, educational health care, industrial, residential, leisure and MOD.
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for the financial management of Contracts alongside the Contracts Managers and Project Managers.
The role will be predominantly based within the Lancashire area, however travel within the UK may be required, due to operational demand.
It is a great time to join this fast-growing company and work alongside some of the most experienced staff in the industry.
We are also open to applications from slightly less experienced candidates who are wanting to step up in their career and progress into a senior position. The company will provide mentoring/development to help you get to where you want to be.
- Responsible for the financial management of contracts, alongside the Contracts Managers and Project Managers.
- Vetting of contract documentation on receipt from client to ensure compatibility with the company’s tender and subsequent negotiations.
- Vetting of contractual terms and conditions and negotiate amendments with the client where required by the Commercial Manager.
- Produce commercial risk register for each contract. Monitor risk and assist in implementation of agreed mitigation measures.
- Prepare and issue enquiries for major plant & equipment and sub-contract packages. Vet quotations commercially and negotiate price and terms with vendors. Issue resultant purchase orders.
- Prepare and submit applications for payment and/or Invoices, obtain payment certificates and progress client payments in accordance with contractual provisions.
- Measure, submit and agree variations, loss & expense and/or compensation events in accordance with contractual provisions to facilitate prompt agreement of final accounts.
- Monitor on-site record keeping. Prepare and issue notices in accordance with contractual provisions.
- Prepare and submit monthly cost value reconciliations and cash/ spend profiles. Attend contract review meetings.
- Measure, certify and agree sub-contractor’s interim valuations and final accounts. Prepare and issue contractual notices to sub-contractors.
Skills & Attributes
- Ideally HNC/degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or Building Services Engineering or relevant course.
- Strong knowledge of Mechanical/Electrical services or utilities.
- Good commercial awareness and negotiation skills.
- Ability to resolve difficult or challenging accounts to finality.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Previous experience of working on Financial and Contract Management software programmes would be beneficial.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to effectively prioritise, in a proactive & self-initiated manner.
- Full UK Driving License.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency