We are currently recruiting for a Senior/Principal Highways Engineer on behalf of a local authority in the Lancashire area.
The Senior/Principal Highways Engineer will supervise and support the delivery of the highways capital programme.
- Deliver and manage a full range of professional assignments and activities (e.g. inspections, assessments, investigations, caseloads) within a defined area to meet service requirements.
- Provide advice and guidance to internal/external customers, making technical/professional recommendations about a course of action appropriate to the situation.
- Provide technical assistance and training to less experienced staff to ensure they are equipped to deliver their responsibilities.
- Identify opportunities for improvement on working practices.
- Plan, control and manage small/medium projects to meet a well-defined brief, and provide input to larger projects to resolve specific issues.
- Develop and build relationships with contractors.
Skills & Attributes
- Degree or HNC in Civil Engineering or a relevant subject.
- Experience of managing multiple concurrent schemes and their financial monitoring and reporting.
- Experience of managing staff engaged on common projects.
- Knowledge and experience of the preparation and delivery of civil engineering design information, experience of using relevant working systems, equipment and IT software.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British Standards, Eurocodes and Specification for Highway Works.
- Aware of H&S issues relating to civil engineering works.
- Knowledge and experience of the preparation of works information for NE3 contracts and administering contracts under these conditions.
- Experienced in resolving technical issues that arise on site.
- Driving License.