Our client a leading manufacturer in North West Manchester are looking to recruit an experienced Shipping / Export manager to join the business. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience working within a Shipping/ Export Management role, managing day to day control of the shipping of goods across the UK and globally.
Interested candidates must have strong working knowledge of HMRC regulations and compliance as you will be the focal point of support to the department.
Candidates must have experience using SAP within their previous roles,
- Ensures site metrics are achieved, maintained and reported in line with company standards.
- Ensure all SAP transactions are undertaken in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure proof of delivery and certification requirements are met and records maintained
- Coodinate the annual air freight security training and lead the site audits
- Coordinate with QA department on external inspection activities.
- Coach & develop direct reports including undertaking the working job functions of team members as and when required.
- Ensured that orders are packed and shipped in a timely manner and in conjunction with all customer and country requirements
- Comply with Customs and Excise requirements regarding proof of export via Notice 703, ensuring that the company is not liable for VAT on its exports.
- Develop despatch processes, implement and also improve the processes for continuous flow.
- Responsible for all shipping Imports and Exports for small to major projects.
- Responsible for all export documentation EUR1, Certificate of origin and any legalised documents.
- Responsible for all documentation against letter of credit and also export licenses when required.
- Ensure that hazardous cargo is correctly packed and labeled in accordance with IMCO, IATA & ADR regulations and provide the relevant documents, for example DGN.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Good understanding and knowledge of shipping procedures for both small and major projects (legislations, inco-terms etc)
- Good team working skills and has previously managed small teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of SAP
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage work pressure