We are currently recruiting for a Site Manager to work on a prestigious student accommodation project in the Gillingham area on behalf of a multi-disciplinary construction contractor.
- Assist in the development of the site setup, layout and provision.
- Meet subcontractors and review the scope and programme/phasing.
- Action take offs and complete material and plant requisitions.
- Manage the Health and Safety on site and obtain, review and approve Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Liaise with end user to ensure all are fully informed of ongoing works.
- Manage conflict (design/specification information or human).
- Attend progress meetings where possible.
- Manage document control and ensure all required site documents are returned to the office.
- Compile snagging lists and close out defects in a timely manner.
- Ensure work is completed by contractors as per their scope of works.
- Assist QS with final account.
- Delegate effectively to ensure timely completion of works and production of documentation.
- Communicate effectively with Contracts and other Departments.
Skills & Attributes
- Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS).
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Black Card.
- Previous experience working as Site Manager, ideally working on multi-million pound construction projects.
- Experience in a customer facing role, with a proven track record of putting clients first.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental safety requirements.
- Computer literate with basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office packages.