We are currently recruiting for a Site Supervisor to join a leading Refurb and Fit-out Contractor based in Yorkshire.
The Site Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision of direct and sub-contract labour on site ensuring that all aspects of the projects are completed on time and in budget.
- Undertake inspections on site to ensure compliance with client requirements and specification.
- Coordinate installation drawings, participate with commissioning and handover, including defects identification, snagging and closure.
- Supervise and monitor performance of engineering staff and specialist sub-contractors, ensuring completion of all tasks in accordance with construction plans, and drawings.
- Ensure appropriate quality and workmanship.
- Be pro-active in allocating work ensuring efficient deployment of subcontractors.
- Ensure that safety standards are understood, implemented and maintained by all team members and contractors.
- Assist the Project Manager with on-site tasks and planning.
- Assist the onsite construction team to ensure that subcontractors work to the program and construction sequence.
- Raise any issues that may affect progress, ensure that quality, benchmarks etc are maintained and delivered at all times.
Skills & Attributes
- Previous experience working as a Site Supervisor.
- An industry relevant City & Guilds/NVQ qualification or equivalent. Joinery preferred.
- Hold a valid Site Supervisor (SSSTS) OR Site Manager (SMSTS) certificate.
- Experience of working on refurb and fit-out projects across a range of sectors.
- Will need to be able to understand design principles, method statements, Inspection Test Plans, Risk Assessments, commissioning and handover requirements.
- Able to communicate with subcontractors, consultants and other team members.